Website UW Medicine
UW Medicine’s mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow’s physicians, scientists, and other health professionals. UW Medicine owns or operates Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Medical Center, a network of UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics that provide primary care, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, Airlift Northwest, and other owned, operated or affiliated entities as appropriate. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children’s University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance a partnership among UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, and Seattle Children’s.
UW Medicine Health System Finance has an outstanding opportunity for a UW Medicine Budget & Planning Director. This individual will plan, direct, and organize the strategic planning and budgeting UW Medicine, a nearly $4.8B a year clinical enterprise composed of eight different entities. He/she will be a key member of the UW Medicine financial leadership team and serve as an advisor to the administrative and operating teams for the enterprise. With a focus on long range financial planning and development of the annual operating and capital budgets, this individual directs the development and maintenance of multi-year, annual and monthly key operating metrics, identifying underlying critical issues and, working with the entity and enterprise-level administrative and operational teams, communicates, implements and integrates necessary processes and procedures to establish fiscal accountability, achieve strategic goals, improve operating performance and reduce costs.
· 7 to 10 years as a senior financial management professional in a large hospital or health system. Academic Medical Center experience is desired.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
· In-depth knowledge of hospital accounting; current in new regulations and trends.
· CPA and MBA in business or healthcare administration preferred.
· Strong skill level in using Budgeting and General Ledger applications as well as supporting software programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for stated requirements.
To learn more and to apply for UWHires Job Req # 149187, visit http://bit.ly/2xkokVl
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com